Monday, August 12, 2013

Baby Maya

I know it has been awhile.  I have been getting situated with the move and settling into my new home.  I have a few photos that I have wanted to post, and today I might finally get a chance to do so!  First, I want to post a few new photos of Maya!

Maya is a very sweet baby, who I feel so honored to know.  Her mom is a friend of mine, and our husband's were stationed together while we were in New Mexico.  Maya came into this world just full of surprises!! She decided to make her grand debut 14 weeks early, giving us all a scare.  If you do any web research on babies born before 28 weeks, it is amazing to see all the things they will have to overcome.  In my research, I found that less than 1% of babies are born before 28 weeks.  That right there makes Maya extra special!

Aside from all the obvious complications a child would have being born that early, Maya was born with a full cleft palate.  Maya is a fighter though, and she has overcome so much.  After spending the first 4 months of her life in the NICU, she was able to come home and spend time with her brother and sister.  I also got to spend time with her, and I would photograph her as much as possible!

The next set of photos are some of my favorites of Maya (Some have already been posted here in a previous post).  The last photo is from the day before we moved to Missouri, as well as the day before Maya had her first series of surgeries to repair the cleft.








(I had to get my daughter in a photo with the Knight Kids!!  It was her last day with them before the move.)



No comments:

Post a Comment